- Keep your knees lower than your hips to allow the small of your back to arch slightly. If your knees are not lower than your hips, slide to the edge of the chair and drop one knee. You can also arch your back slightly and place a folded towel between the back of your chair and your lower back.
- Place your feet flat on the floor or on a low stool if your feet donít reach the floor.
- To keep from twisting your spine, do not lean to either side.
- Keep your shoulders relaxed. If the chair armrests are too high, your shoulder blades will move toward your ears. Donít use them or build your own armrests with pillows or towels. If the armrests are too low, you will have a tendency to lean on one of them, twisting your spine. Use towels to build up armrests to the right height.
- Keep your head and chest up.