Sweeping, Mopping, Vacuuming
- Keep your upper arms close to your body, as if they were attached to your side, and move the handle by moving your feet. This technique will limit the turning and twisting of your spine.
- Keep proper posture of the spine and move through your legs.
- When mopping, put your bucket on a rolling cart so that you don’t have to bend over to wring out the mop or move the bucket.
- Use mops that wring out themselves.
- To avoid bending over, sweep dirt into dustpans that have upright handles. 6. Always face your work directly. Turn by moving your feet.